Tormek T4 Water Cooled Sharpening System T-4
The TORMEK T4 is an enhancement of the T-3 model taking the precision and stability to a completely new level. Vital functions like the motor and the main shaft are mounted in the zinc cast top which includes the integrated sleeves for the Universal Support. This advanced design ensures an unbeatable precision for the Universal Support, which is the foundation of the Tormek jig system.
You get a high quality machine ideal for home and hobby work which can sharpen all the common edge tools. Delivered with the Stone Grader SP-650, AngleMaster WM-200, Honing compound, DVD and the comprehensive Tormek Handbook on sharpening. Configure the T-4 with your choice of jigs according to the tools that you are choosing to sharpen. The jigs are sold separately.
- Dimensions: Width 230 mm (9 1/16"), Depth 200 mm (7 7/8"), Height 260 mm (10¼")
- Weight: Shipping weight 9.8 kg, Machine only 8.0 kg
- Grindstone: Tormek Original Grindstone, Aluminium oxide, 200x40 mm(8"x1 5/8") 120 rpm, torque 8.4 Nm
- Leather Honing Wheel: 145x26 mm (5¾"x1")
- Main Shaft: Stainless steel main shaft and stone hardware. EzyLock in composite.
- Housing: Zinc cast top, Impact resistant ABS plastic
- Motor: Industrial single phase, 120 W(input) 230 V, 50 Hz or 115 V, 60 Hz. Duty 30 min/hour, Maintenance free.
- Noise: Silent running, 52 dB
- Motor Life: 10,000 hours
How does the T-4 precision compare to the larger T-7 machine?
Thanks to the patented zinc cast machine head, we can achieve the same precision as with T-7, which is made with 3 mm steel housing with precision sleeves for the Universal Support.
The WM-200 gives angle setting with pin point accuracy from 15° to 75° on grindstones of 6" to 10" in diameter, thus taking into account wear after years of use. The WM-200 is also provided with angle checking notches around its edge to enable bevel angles to be repeated or progress checked.(Supplied as standard with 1206, 2006 and T-7).
Stone Grader included (because you need it)
Regardless of what tool you will sharpen you will need it, so we decided to include it from the start. Make sure to use it and you will always have a fresh cutting stone. Also, with the Stone Grader you get two different cutting actions (fast/fine) out of your grindstone!